Films by Maya Deren
- Meshes of the Afternoon, by Maya Deren and Alexander Hammid, 1943, 16mm, 14 min. Music by Teiji Ito added 1959.
- At Land , 1944, 16mm ,15 min silent. Photographed with the assistance of Hella Heyman and Alexander Hammid.
- A Study in Choreography for Camera, 1945, by Maya Deren and Talley Beatty , 16mm,4 min., silent.
- Ritual in Transfigured Time, 1945-46, 16mm, 15 min, silent. With appearances by Rita Christiani and Frank Westbrook. Choreographic collaboration by Frank Westbrook.
Photographed by Hella Heyman.
- Meditation on Violence, 1948, 16mm 12 min., sound. Chinese flute and Haitian
drum music arranged by Maya Deren. Performance by Chao-li Chi.
- The Very Eye of Night, 1952-55 (released 1959) 16mm, 15 min., sound. Made in collaboration
with the Metropolitan Opera Ballet School students under the direction
of Antony Tudor. Music by Teiji Ito.
Unfinished work--*outtakes at Anthology Film Archives, New York City
*Witches Cradle ,1943 with Marcel Duchamp, 16mm 13 min.
*Medusa (YMHA workshop) 1949, 16mm, 10 min.
*Haitian film footage 1947-54, 16mm ca. 15.000 feet
Ensemble for Somnabulists ( Toronto Film Society workshop 1951), 16mm, 20 min.
*Haiku footage , 1959-60, 16mm , ca. 58 min
Source: Legend of Maya Deren, a Documentary and Collected Works,
Part 1 : Signatures, 1917-1942 by Veve A. Clark, Millicent Hodson,
Catrina Neiman, Francine B. Price (June1984)